President and CEO of La Farga
President of Fundació La Farga
Born in Barcelona in 1952. Married and with five children. Industrial engineer specialized in mechanical engineering from the School of Industrial and Aeronautical Engineering specialty in engines, missile and engines and boosters in the School of Aeronautical Engineering of Madrid. Professor 80s mechanics and kinematics and dynamics of machines in the School of Industrial Engineering of Barcelona.
He started his career in Motorcycles Montesa as the Head of the Innovation and Development Department, actively participating in the creation of the joint venture with the Japanese company Honda Motor Company and leading the trial team that won the World Championship in 1980.
In 1984, he embarked on a new metallurgy project, joining La Farga Lacambra as a shareholder and General Manager. He developed the patent for the copper recycling process and created three new companies (La Farga Tub, La Farga Rod and La Farga Intec). He is the founder of La Fundació La Farga, which has the only Copper Museum in Europe, has signed a joint venture with the Italian company Continuus Properzi for the sale of the patented technology sold in over 30 countries around the world and finally, created two new copper industrial companies in China and another in the United States with local partners. In 2007, he delegated the General Management and became the CEO of the family holding company, Vice president of La Farga and one of the majority shareholders. In 2016, after the death of the President Vicenç Fisas, he is appointed as President and Chief Executive of the group. At the beginning of 2017, he gives the General Management to his daughter Inka Guixà.
- Member of the Plenary and Executive Committee of the Barcelona Chamber of Commerce
- President of the Patronage Committee of the University of Vic
- Head of the Delegations of the Barcelona Chamber of Commerce
- Patron of FemCAT (Private Entrepreneurs Foundation)
- Patron of the Bages Foundation
- Director of SDI La Farga
- Chairman of ECI (European Copper Institute)
- Executive Committee Member of the UPM (Metallurgical Employers Union)
- Member of the Consell de Català de l’Empresa on behalf of the Coincil of Cambra
- Member of the Board of Directors of Creacció representing the Chamber of Commerce of Barcelona.
- Member Board of IWCC (International Wrought Copper Council)
- 2006 - Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Internationalisation.
- 2008 - Award for metallurgy company, awarded by the Metallurgy Employers’ Union.
- 2009 - XXX Guillem Catà Award for Industrial Engineers of Central Catalonia.
- 2013 - Awar for "The best business career" for Actualidad Económica magazine